The Open Society Fellowship was founded in 2008 to support individuals pursuing innovative and unconventional approaches to fundamental open society challenges. The fellowship funds work that will enrich public understanding of those challenges and stimulate far-reaching and probing conversations within the Open Society Foundations and in the world.
Open Society fellows produce work outputs of their own choosing, such as a book, journalistic or academic articles, art projects, a series of convenings, etc. In addition, fellowship cohorts may develop a joint work product of some sort. Fellowship staff will assist cohorts in brainstorming possible outputs if needed.
- One year fellows will receive a stipend of $80,000 or $100,000, depending on work experience, seniority, and current income.
- In addition to the stipend, fellows will receive a project budget. That budget may include expenses such as travel (including airfare and hotel), visa costs, part-time research assistance, conference fees and health insurance.
March 1, 2017
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must…
- Be a specialist who can see beyond the parochialisms of your field and possess the tenacity to complete a project of exceptional merit
- Be ready to write a proposal
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken English
- Possess and demonstrate a deep understanding of the major themes embedded within the statement for which they wish to apply
- Be willing to serve in a cohort of fellows with diverse occupational, geographic, and ideological profiles
To apply for the 2017 Open Society Foundations Fellowship, you’re required to note the following:
- Those interested in the fellowship should first download and review the complete fellowship guidelines.
- Applicants are required to submit a one- to two-page, single-spaced letter of inquiry that outlines the topic of the project, proposed work product, and relevance to the statements above. A CV should accompany the letter of inquiry.
- Letters of inquiry will be reviewed within five weeks. Applications showing promise will be invited to submit a full proposal.
- To apply, submit letters of inquiry here.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Fellowship Official Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more fellowship updates.