Founded in 1999, Princeton in Africa develops young leaders committed to Africa’s advancement by offering yearlong fellowship opportunities with a variety of organizations that work across the African continent.
Princeton in Africa matches talented and passionate college graduates with organizations working across Africa for yearlong service placements.
Sponsor: Princeton in Africa
- Transportation to/from Princeton for interviews.
- Transportation to/from Princeton for PiAf’s entire MANDATORY pre-departure orientation.
- $150 program placement fee, paid upon acceptance of a PiAf fellowship post. This contribution is only a fraction of the total yearly program costs to PiAf for each fellowship post.
- Round-trip air travel to/from their fellowhip post in Africa
- Pre-departure medical expenses (e.g. immunizations, malaria prevention medications, personal medications)
- Visas and work permits
- Sundries and recreational travel
- On-the-ground expenses, including housing and living stipend
- Medical insurance, medical evacuation insurance and security evacuation insurance
- Pre-departure orientation for all Fellows
- Mid-year retreat in Africa (including partial travel grant for travel to/from the retreat)
- Princeton in Africa program support and operating costs
October 30, 2016
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must:
- Be young alumnus and graduating senior from any college or university accredited in the United States (Prior experience in Africa is not a prerequisite)
To apply for the 2017/2018 Princeton in Africa Fellowship, you’re required to note the following:
- You must complete and submit the online application and submit the following materials in order for your application to be complete. Your application is not complete until we have received:
- Completed online application form including your resume, a photo, and an unofficial copy of your transcript from each institution you attended
- An official transcript from each undergrad/grad institution you attended
- A letter of recommendation (submitted through the LOR form)
- Go here to read more on the application procedure.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Fellowship Official Page
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more fellowship updates.