A 3-year PhD scholarship is available at DTU Chemistry at the Technical University of Denmark. DTU Chemistry has an application oriented research strategy and currently employs 60 PhD students in an ambitious and international environment.
The Department of Chemistry offers a talented student with a MSc degree the opportunity to launch a career in a topic within the research areas of the department. The selected candidate should preferably start during the first six months of 2017.
The scholarship will cover research studies in the following areas: Organic chemistry, Inorganic chemistry, Physical chemistry and Biophysical chemistry.
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD students. Monthly starting salary level will be app. € 4000 including contribution to pension. The period of employment is 3 years.
January 2, 2017
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must…
- Have a M.Sc. or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related fields with excellent grades.
- Have ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated tasks, and to be a part of a dynamic research team. Good communication skills in both written and spoken English are expected.
To apply for the Academic Excellence PhD Scholarship in Advanced and Applied Chemistry, 2017, you’re expected to note the following:
- Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- A letter of endorsement from a member of the Faculty at DTU Chemistry
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (an official translation into English)
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and excel spreadsheet here)
- A list of publications
- Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their MSc, but cannot begin before having received it.
- All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship Official Page
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.