The Advance Queensland PhD Scholarships support undergraduate researchers in gaining a PhD degree. The scholarships assist in attracting and retaining promising researchers in Queensland, and foster increased linkage with industry/end-user organisations.
The scholarships support scholars to gain a research PhD degree to lay the foundation for a future research career.
- Up to $45,000 (GST exempt) over 3 years for each scholarship.
- Optional $2500 thesis submission payment if thesis is submitted with 3.5 years of commencement.
December 12, 2016
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must…
- Be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency for the duration of the scholarship
- Be commencing a full-time PhD research program at a Queensland university in 2017
- Have applied for a primary PhD scholarship that is:
- a 2017 Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), or
- other PhD funding that equals or exceeds the value of a 2017 APA.
iii. have a research proposal
- have a research proposal that:
- addresses one of the Queensland Science and Research Priorities (PDF, 671KB), or
- is aligned with a Queensland Government Industry Roadmap area; or
III. involves research that will support entrepreneurship and small to medium enterprise growth in Queensland
- spend at least 50% of the scholarship physically co-located with at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user partner organisation.
To apply for the Advance Queensland PhD Scholarships, you’re required to note the following:
Each application must contain:
- a completed online application
- copy of the nominated Scholar’s academic transcript
- letter(s) of support from the proposed industry/end-user partner organisation(s)
- signed financial incentive agreement declaration (PDF, 151KB).
To apply, click here.
Note that’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship Office Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.