The Alfa Fellowship Program is a distinguished international initiative that each year offers up to 18 accomplished young Americans, Britons, and Germans the opportunity to complete a high-level professional development program in Russia. Over the course of the program, Fellows complete work placements at leading institutions, attend professional seminars, and receive intensive language training. Key goals of the Alfa Fellowship Program are to expand networks of American, British, German, and Russian professionals, develop greater intercultural understanding, and advance U.S.-Russian, U.K.-Russian, and German-Russian relations.
Sponsor: Alfa Bank
- A monthly stipend
- All program-related travel costs
- Language training in Russia
- Private tutoring in the US and UK
December 1, 2016
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must…
- Be a U.S., U.K., or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35 (Russian citizens are ineligible to apply, including individuals who are also citizens of the United States, United Kingdom or Germany)
- Possess a Graduate degree and at least two years of relevant professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy or a related field. (Candidates without a graduate degree completed or in progress must have an undergraduate degree and approximately 5-6 years of professional experience in their field)
- Demonstrate outstanding professional achievement and academic qualifications
- Be actively involved in community or public service
- Have evidence of leadership potential
To apply for the Alfa Fellowship Program, you’re required to note the following:
- The following documents are required as part of your Alfa Fellowship Program application:
- Current resume/CV
- Personal statement
- Russian writing sample
- Official graduate transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate transcripts
- The Alfa Fellowship Program application must be submitted online no later than 11:59PM EST on December 1, and any supporting documents not submitted online or via email must arrive in hard copy by the same date.
- You may log into, edit, and log out of your application at any time until you have clicked on the “Submit” button. Once an application has been submitted, it is considered final. Please make sure to click “Save” in each section you edit before exiting your application to ensure that all data is saved.
- Prior to submitting your application, please be sure to review the information you provided very carefully by clicking on the “Print Version” tab.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will not be permitted to view or make any changes to the information you provided. However, if you submit the application ahead of the deadline, your recommenders will still be able to submit their letters until 11:59PM on December 1.
- Saving your resume, personal statement, and writing sample as PDF files is highly recommended in order to avoid formatting issues.
- Click here to access the online application system
For more information: Check Fellowship Official Page
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more fellowship updates.