Australia Awards aim to promote knowledge, education links and enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours through Australia’s extensive scholarship programs. The initiative aims to build a new generation of global leaders with strong links to Australia.
Australia Awards are the flagship of the Australian development cooperation program and are an important component of Australia’s investment in education. Scholarships have been an important component of the Australian Government’s efforts to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development since the 1950s. They offer long- and short-term study and professional development opportunities to citizens from developing countries around the globe. They aim to provide enhanced leadership, knowledge and technical skills to partner governments, tertiary institutions and strategic organisations that are driving sustainable development.
Since 2010, nationals from Nigeria have been sponsored by the Australian Government through the Australia Awards to study in Australia. Applicants from Nigeria are eligible to apply for Masters and Short Courses.
Sponsor: The Australian Government
The Australian Government Scholarships is fully funded, covering study expenses for both the Masters and Short courses throughout the programmes.
December 15, 2016
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of application
- Have at least three (3) years’ post-graduation work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to the proposed field of study and to employment organisation type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience).
- Possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognised institution of at least four (4) years in length with at least a 2nd Class Pass.
- – If you’re a Public sector candidate – comply with Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- – If you’re a Public sector, private sector and civil society candidate – provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) when you apply.
- Not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree
- Be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
- Meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship official page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.