The Birmingham Research Institute for History and Cultures (BRIHC) is delighted to announce an exciting new scholarship for postgraduate taught and research programmes.
The Department of African Studies and Anthropology (DASA) will offer one full-time studentship for an International student commencing their PhD (3 years) or MA + PhD (1+3 years) in African Studies starting in September 2017.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a track record of excellence in their field and to meet the normal entry requirements for the University of Birmingham’s PhD and Masters programmes. Successful applicants will be expected to engage beyond their specialisms and contribute to the creation of a uniquely lively and mutually enriching research environment across the School.
The scholarship covers tuition fees and an annual maintenance grant (currently £14,296 p.a.) for three years, or four years if selecting the Masters + PhD programme (1+3 years)
February 20, 2017
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must…
- Be an African student with a track record demonstrating academic excellence in the Humanities or Social Sciences
- Be able to provide excellent academic qualifications and proposal
To apply for the Birmingham Research Institute for History and Cultures African Studies PhD Scholarship, 2017, you’re required to note the following:
- In order to apply, students must first have completed an application to study. Students wishing to apply for a PhD will find further information HERE
- Students applying to an MA+PhD scholarship should apply to the African Studies MA and specify in their statement what will be their preferred topic of doctoral study. They can do so HERE
- They should then complete the funding application form below, and return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm, 20 February 2017.
- Applications must also be supported by two references. It is the responsibility of the applicant to forward the reference form below to both nominated referees, and advise them that references must be returned to email@example.com by the application deadline, 4pm, 20 February 2017.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For further information: Check Scholarship Official Page
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.