The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds awards PhD fellowships to outstanding junior scientists who wish to pursue an ambitious PhD project of approximately 3 years in basic biomedical research in an internationally leading laboratory.
The fellowship programmes aims to promote basic research in biomedicine by providing the best young, up-and-coming scientists with comprehensive support during their PhD phase.
Sponsor: The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds
- A competitive monthly stipend that is initially granted for 2 years and that can be extended for up to another 12 months.
- Participation in international scientific conferences is also supported.
- Fellowship holders are offered personal support, seminars to discuss their projects, communication training and alumni meetings, and thus can become part of a worldwide network. Read more under personal support and conditions.
February 1, 2017
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be non-European citizens pursuing your PhD project in Europe
- Be European citizens working in Europe or overseas
- Be 27 years old (not have turned 28, yet) at the deadline
- – If you have not yet finished your MSc studies, i.e. you cannot provide your MSc certificate at the deadline, only apply when you are able to hand in your certificate within 4 months after the deadline. If you’re a Physician, veterinary surgeon or pharmacist, you should have passed your state examinations.
- – At the deadline, not have been working on your project for more than 6 months. BIF encourages you to apply for a fellowship when you are about to begin your PhD work. For further details please refer to “Who can apply?”
To apply for the 2017/2018 Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds Fellowships, you’re required to note the following:
- You must apply online via the online application portal
- You must submit two paper copies of the application including one CD to: Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds, Schusterstr. 46-48, 55116 Mainz, Germany, by regular mail
- The two paper copies should contain all the data and documents listed under (1) – (9). The CD should be clearly labelled with your first name, family name and email address and contain documents (1) – (7), preferably in one PDF file
- The entire application – including the project proposal – must be written in English and by yourself. However, we recommend consultation with the scientific supervisor. The form of the presentation should be adequate but simple; please do not staple, tack or bind documents
Go here for more information on the application process.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship official page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.