The Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program (CADFP) is a scholar fellowship program for educational projects at African higher education institutions. Offered by IIE in partnership with the United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa), the program is funded by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York (CCNY). In the first two years of the program, the CADFP supported 110 short-term faculty fellowships for African-born academics. In October 2015, additional funding was secured from CCNY to support up to 140 fellowships. The program exemplifies CCNY’s enduring commitment to higher education in Africa. IIE manages and administers the program, including applications, project requests and fellowships. USIU-Africa provides strategic direction through Dr. Paul Tiyambe Zeleza and an Advisory Council he chairs.
Sponsor: Carnegie Corporation of New York
- A $200/day stipend
- Visa costs
- Limited health insurance coverage
- Round-trip international air travel and ground transportation costs to and from home and the U.S. or Canadian airport
December 8, 2016
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must…
- Be an African-born academic currently living in the United States and Canada and working in higher education.
To apply for the Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program, you’re required to note the following:
- Log in to the online project request to apply
- Eligible types of project activities that can be requested by the African host institution are:
- curriculum co-development
- research collaboration
- graduate student mentoring and training
- A Project can be conducted in the African host country for between 14 and 90 days, with one visit by an African-born scholar who lives in the United States or Canada and works in an accredited college or university in either of those two countries.
- Please, email email@example.com with questions.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Fellowship Official Page
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more fellowship updates.