The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies is a Recognized Independent Centre of the University of Oxford, established in 1985 and incorporated by the Royal Charter. Its Patron is HRH The Prince of Wales.
The Chevening/Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowship is a collaboration between the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and OCIS, for mid-career professionals who are dedicated to the promotion of academic activities which encourage a more informed understanding of the culture and civilisation of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies.
The Chevening/OCIS Fellowship offers financial support to individuals to undertake a period of independent study and research at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies.
Sponsor: Chevening/Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies
- Six month period of research at OCIS
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from their home country to the UK
- Allowance package for study related activities
November 8, 2016
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must:
- Demonstrate the potential to rise to positions of leadership and influence;
- Demonstrate that you possess the personal, intellectual and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential;
- Be a citizen of one of the above listed countries, who will return to your home country at the end of the period of fellowship;
- Possess a postgraduate (PG) level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application;
- Have a significant professional and/or academic research experience (5+ years);
- – If you have previously received financial benefit from an HMG funded scholarship or fellowship after a period of five years following the completion of your first HMG funded award – demonstrate your career progression from that point;
- Provide evidence of meeting at least the minimum English language abilities for Chevening Awards;
- Not hold dual nationality where one nationality is British (other than for nationals exempt from this requirement listed in the Chevening Guidance for Applicants);
- Not be employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than two years before) of Her Majesty’s Government including the FCO (including FCO posts), the British Council, DFID, MOD, BIS, UKTI and UKBA, the Association of Commonwealth Universities or OCIS or any of your wholly-owned subsidiaries.
To apply for the 2017/2018 Chevening OCIS Fellowship, pick your country for the application procedure:
- The Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Sri Lanka
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check fellowship Official Page
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more fellowship updates.