The CrossCulture Programme gives young people from Germany and Islamic countries the opportunity to gain diverse experience abroad in the context of their working environment and to act as multipliers in their home countries. In addition to further professional development and specialist training, the programme participants also gain an insight into the social and political structures of the host country and become acquainted with cultural characteristics and behavioural patterns through integration into working and everyday life. They make important contacts which they can use when they return to their home country for future collaboration. Interns returning home can offer a valuable contribution to their respective organisations thanks to the experience they have gained abroad. This intercultural exchange thus sustainably strengthens the formation of networks between Germany and the Islamic countries and encourages cross-border dialogue and cooperation.
Sponsor: Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations (IFA)
- CCP fellows from abroad receive a monthly scholarship of 550 Euro. In addition, the following costs are met by the project:
- Return flight
- Health insurance
- Accommodation at destination (town of the host organisation)
- Monthly ticket for the public transport at destination
- Transport and accommodation for the inter-cultural workshop in Stuttgart
January 7, 2017
To be eligible for this fellowship, you should…
- Have a long-term involvement with an organisation or institution in your home country.
- Should be between 23 and 45 years of age.
- Not be a matriculated student.
- Be in a good state of health and have the physical and intellectual capability required for spending a lengthy period of time abroad and working within the context of the internship.
- Have a good command of English.
- Note that knowledge of the German language is an additional qualification, but not a requirement for applicants from abroad. Alternatively, knowledge of the language of the CCP host country may be valuable for applicants from Germany.
To apply for Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations CrossCulture Programme, you’re required to note the following:
- You’re to submit your applications online via the new application portal.
- The filled in application form along with all required documents are to be uploaded during the process.
- Please make sure you have all necessary documents ready when starting the application process, since only complete applications will be processed:
- a letter of motivation
- your CV
- a recommendation letter by your home organisation (find a template here)
- your portrait.
- You find the application form here.
- Please pay attention to the technical requirements.
- Do not send e-mails with your documents to ifa as they cannot be processed!
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Internship Official Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.