A scholarship opportunity is available for a PhD student to investigate the effects of interpregnancy interval on child and maternal health outcomes. The PhD research is an important part of a larger nationally (NHMRC) funded project on providing an evidence base for improved World Health Organisation recommendations on birth intervals and is based on the following preliminary study:http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g4333. The PhD research is a secondary data analysis project that does not require further collection of data. All health and medical records have already been obtained and are ready for analyses in electronic format.
- A tax-free stipend of $26,288 per year
- Research funding, which includes $2,500 one off payment and $1,400 per year to support the cost of research and travel.
- Covers tuition for 3 years
December 12, 2016
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must…
- Possess Honours (1st class), or, Master degree by Research, or Master degree with >25% research component with high academic performance
- Have a degree in statistics or biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, or from a quantitative/data science.
- Have a strong background in biostatistics or epidemiology
To apply for Cuttin University PhD Scholarship, you’re required to note the following:
- Interested applicants please email your expression of interest including the following documents to : Dr Gavin Pereira (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 18th December 2016: a letter expressing interest in the position, Current CV, and academic transcripts.
- Submitting a short sample of academic writing (e.g., excerpt of honours/masters thesis, published article) is encouraged but not mandatory. Please use “EoI PhD Scholarship” as the subject heading of your email.
- Shortlisted applicants will be advised to apply for admission via Curtin online e-application:http://research.curtin.edu.au/postgraduate-research/future-research-students/admission-overview/
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship Official Page
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.