Professor Denys Holland, in whose memory the Denys Holland Fund was created via donations from his students, was a sociable, compassionate man. A Professor of Law and Dean of Students, one of his principal concerns was the welfare and fulfilment of students under his care. His admissions policy for the Faculty of Laws was aimed at a broad range of students who would enter fully into college life.
The Denys Holland Scholarship aims to support undergraduate students from any country, who without the support of the scholarship would be unable to secure the funding required to study at UCL, and who can demonstrate their intention to make full use of the activities offered by UCL and the Student Union.
The scholarship is worth £9,000 per year for three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress and scholars may choose to use all or part of the scholarship to cover fees. Any remainder is paid to the scholar as a maintenance stipend.
July 7, 2017
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must…
- hold an offer of admission to UCL for full-time undergraduate study in any department
- be able to show you’re in financial hardship, and be able to demonstrate that without the scholarship you would be unable to study at UCL
- be preferably aged 25 or below at the time of commencing your studies
- be able to demonstrate that you have broad interests and intend to be actively involved in and contribute to the life of the university
To apply for The Denys Holland Scholarship you’re required to note the following:
- You will be required to detail your current outside interests and indicate areas of non-academic activity which you would hope to pursue while a student. You will also have to provide information on your financial circumstances and other sources of income being sought to fund your studies – additional information may be requested by the selection panel.
- Download these documents:
Complete applications and supporting documentations should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship Official Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get scholarship updates.