The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or public research institutes.
The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies.
Sponsor: The Finnish Government
- A monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
February 15, 2017
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be national of any of these countries: (Australia, China, Cuba, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Peru, Republic of Korea, Turkey and Ukraine)
- Have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions’)
- Have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
- Have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- Intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
- Not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland
- Be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research*
- Be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above
To apply for the The Finnish Government Scholarships, you’re required to note the following:
- You must be ready to provide the following documents:
- a completed and signed application form
- curriculum vitae
- copies of latest diplomas*
- two letters of recommendation
- study/research plan (2-5 pages, including a statement of motivation, goals, work plan, work method, expected results)
- invitation/expression of interest and motivation for cooperation from the hosting academic supervisor in Finland
- language certificate (Finnish, Swedish or English) or other indication of sufficient language skills – please see above, in the section ‘Eligibility criteria’
- Applicants from USA: please refer to the instructions & application form on the Fulbright Online website!
Applicants from other participating countries: you can click here to download the 2017-2018 application form using the below link.
- Please save the application form on your own computer before completing it. The form should be typed throughout. To move between different fields, use the “Tab” key. Relevant boxes can be ticked by using the “Space” key or the left-hand mouse button. After completing the form, please print and sign it.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship Official Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.