The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
The aim of the Gates Cambridge programme is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
Sponsor: Gates Cambridge Trust
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£14,600 for 12 months at the 2016-17 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs and associated NHS surcharge costs
December 7, 2016
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Be applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: PhD (three year research-only degree, MSc or MLitt, two year research-only degree, One year postgraduate course)
- Be academically outstanding
- Possess leadership potentials
- Be committed to improving the lives of others
To apply for the 2017/2018 Gates Cambridge Scholarships, you’re required to note the following:
- It is not possible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship without applying to the University of Cambridge. You must apply for admission as a postgraduate student to the University of Cambridge and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the same time, using the one application pack.
- If you are applying for admission to the MBA or Master of Finance programme, you apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship via the Judge Business School.
- To be considered for postgraduate admission and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must submit the following documents to the Graduate Admissions Office by the deadline:
- Graduate Application Form
- Academic transcripts
- 2 academic references
- 1 personal reference
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship official page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.