New Europe College, Institute for Advanced Study in the humanities and social sciences in Bucharest, Romania announces a Call for Applications for its newly launched GERDA HENKEL Fellowships. The program targets young researchers / academics working in the fields of humanities (in particular archaeology, art history, historical Islamic studies, history, history of law, history of science, prehistory and early history) from the following countries: Afghanistan, Belarus, China (only Tibet and Xinjiang Autonomous Regions), Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- A monthly stipend of 750 € (tax free) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Bucharest;
- Accommodation in Bucharest, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the NEC library and electronic resources/databases;
- Travel from the home country to Bucharest and back, visa and insurance costs (up to 1000 €);
- Research field trip abroad during the fellowship period – up to 1,500 € (a one-time allowance);
- Research expenses (100 € / month).
January 16, 2017
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must…
- Hold a Ph.D. title in the fields of the historical humanities mentioned above;
- Be citizen of one of the above-mentioned countries.
To apply for the Gerdal Henkel Fellowships, you’re required to note the following:
- First, download the application form.
- The applications will be submitted only in electronic format to the address: email@example.com.
- The enclosed documents will be attached to the application message. The name of the Fellowship Program should be mentioned in the Subject field of the message: “Gerda Henkel Fellowships”.
A complete application consists of:
- a recent photo;
- the application form (in Microsoft Word Format) completed on the computer in English, French, or German;
- at least 2 original letters of reference (in English, French, or German) written explicitly to support the application for the Gerda Henkel Fellowships 2017-18. The recommendations should be e-mailed by the referees directly to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- a document proving that the applicant holds a Ph.D. title (scanned and attached to the applicant’s message).
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship Official Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.