The Academy Scholars are a select community of individuals with resourcefulness, initiative, curiosity, and originality, whose work in non-Western cultures or regions shows promise as a foundation for exceptional careers in major universities or international institutions.
The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences (including history and law) with a command of the language, history, or culture of non-Western countries or regions. Their scholarship may elucidate domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
Applications are welcome from qualified persons without regard to nationality, gender, or race.
Sponsor: Harvard University
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $67,000
- Predoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $31,000
- This stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage. Some teaching is permitted but not required.
Deadline: October 1, 2016
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a recent PhD holder (or comparable professional school degree) recipient or doctoral candidate
- – If you’re still pursuing a PhD – have completed your routine training and be well along in the writing of your theses before applying to become Academy Scholars
- Not be in possession of a PhD longer than three years
To apply for the 2017 Harvard University Academy Scholar Program, you should note the following:
- You’re to apply online.
- The online application is accessed through the homepage of The Harvard Academy’s website. All parts of the application are submitted online.
- The completed application will include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum)
- Official PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
- You may include footnotes, endnotes, and/or bibliographies in your proposed research statement, but they are not required. If you do give references, they will not count towards the 2500-word maximum for the research statement.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship Official Page or send your inquiries to email@example.com
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.