In partnership with The MasterCard Foundation, the University of California, Berkeley in USA offer a fully funded scholarship opportunity to bright but economically challenged African students. The scholarship aims to empower young, talented African students from the Sub-Saharan region. With the belief that education is a key factor in the social and economic progress of any nation, it is hoped that the trained students would bring economic prosperity to Africa at the completion of their studies.
Sponsor: The MasterCard Foundation
- Tuition fees fully covered
- Living expenses
- Volunteerism, internships, entrepreneurship and ICT
- Transition support into higher education or the workforce in Africa
- Alumni network of next-generation leaders committed to service
November 30, 2016
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Be academically excellent
- Be one from an economically disadvantaged background
- Be a well-rounded student willing to give back to your country
- Be willing to return to your home country after completing your studies
To apply for the 2017/2018 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme, note the following:
Before you apply for the scholarship whether as a graduate or an undergraduate, you must first be admitted to the University of California for any of the courses offered. After this, you can begin your application process.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship official page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Get more scholarship updates. Sign up now!