As a research-led institution, The University of Nottingham recognises the value and contribution of early career researchers in delivering its ambitious, high-quality research strategy.
The Nottingham Research Fellowships Scheme targets outstanding early career researchers in most academic disciplines at the University.
The University’s competitive, internally funded fellowships aim to attract and retain exceptional early career researchers to deliver world-leading research.
Sponsor: The University of Nottingham
- Three years independent funding, normally starting October 2017, to conduct research while based at The University of Nottingham
- Competitive salary between £28,982 and £46,414 (Level 4 or 5 R&T) dependent on experience
- The linking of the Fellowship to an indefinite academic post, subject to performance against a high-quality threshold and the continued right to work in the UK
- The opportunity to apply for additional funding for research expenses up to £25,000 per annum
- Additional childcare costs of up to £5000 per annum where appropriate
- Relocation expenses of up to £1500
- The opportunity to spend periods of time at The University of Nottingham campuses in Malaysia and China
- Participation in a mentoring scheme and career development programme
November 4, 2016
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must:
- Maintain outstanding track record of research including high-quality publications, research funding and/or prizes and awards
- Possess evidence of a growing reputation, both nationally and internationally
- Have an aptitude to lead and inspire others within the research team and institution more broadly
- Demonstrate the potential to act as an ambassador in your research field and more widely
To apply for the 2017/2018 Nottingham Research Fellowships, you’re required to note the following:
- The first step requires you to make contact with the school or department where you are interested in applying. This is to help ensure that schools and departments are able to support your Fellowship project
- The second stage is the submission of an Expression of Interest form (EOI), which provides a brief outline of the proposed project and details about you. Forms must be submitted to the named contact in the host school or department. The deadline for expressions of interest to be submitted is 5pm, 4th November 2016
- Following review of the expression of interest submissions, you will be invited (if you are shortlisted) to submit a full application. The deadline for full applications to be submitted to email@example.com will be 20th January 2017
- You will be notified in early March regarding invitations to attend an interview, likely to be w/c 20th March
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Fellowship Official Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more fellowship updates.