The OWSD PhD Fellowship is offered to women scientists from Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs) to undertake PhD research in the Natural, Engineering and Information Technology sciences at a host institute in the South.
The programme is administered with funds generously provided by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and is offered in partnership with host institutes throughout the developing world.
The general purpose of the fellowship programme is to contribute to the emergence of a new generation of women leaders in science and technology, and to promote their effective participation in the scientific and technological development of their countries.
The OWSD PhD fellowship covers:
- A monthly allowance to cover basic living expenses such as accommodation and meals while in the host country
- A special allowance to attend international conferences during the period of the fellowship
- A return ticket from the home country to the host institute for the agreed research period
- Visa expenses
- Annual medical insurance contribution
- The opportunity to attend regional science communications workshops, on a competitive basis
- Study fees (including tuition and registration fees) in agreement with the chosen host institute which is also expected to contribute
June 19, 2017
To be eligible for the OWSD PhD Fellowship you must…
- Be willing to return to your home country after completion of the fellowship
- Fall within the eligible countries
- Be within one of these fields of study
- Have a minimum qualification of an MSc degree
To apply for the OWSD PhD Fellowship you’re required to note the following:
- You’re required to provide the following documents:
- PhD research proposal outline
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Preliminary acceptance letter
- Letter of commitment
- Reference letters
- Registration and No objection certificate
- Supporting statement from home supervisor
- The online application system will only accept applications complete in all parts, including the required documents. All documents must be uploaded through the online application system. Do not email any document to OWSD unless requested.
Note that it’s important to read application guidelines thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Official Fellowship Page .
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up for fellowship updates.