A PhD Fellowship in bioinformatics is available for 3 years at the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Molecular Medicine, from 01.11.2016. The position is associated with the laboratory of Professor Philippe Collas (www.collaslab.com) which focuses on the study of genome organization in stem cells, and will be supervised by Dr. Jonas Paulsen.
The objective of a research fellowship is completion of research training to the level of a doctoral degree.
Sponsor: The University of Oslo
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- Salary ranging from pay grade: 50 – 56 (NOK 432 700– 480 900)
- Stimulating and attractive work environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
October 10, 2016
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must…
- Have completed higher education equivalent to a Norwegian master degree and be granted admission to the Faculty’s PhD program.
- Be prepared to complete the project within the set fellowship period
- Possess Master’s degree in informatics, bioinformatics, mathematics, statistics (or similar)
- Have experience in programming or scripting
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Be able to collaborate in a cross-disciplinary environment
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
To apply for the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences PhD Fellowship, you’re required to note the following:
- The application with attachments is to be delivered in the electronic recruiting system EasyCruit. If you are a foreign applicant, you are advised to attach an explanation of your University’s grading system.Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
- In assessing applications, particular emphasis will be placed upon the academic and personal ability of the candidate to complete the project within the given timeframe.
- Submit the following documents:
- CV summarizing education, positions, and relevant work experience, complete list of abstracts and publications; do not include publications themselves
- ½ page statement of previous research accomplishments
- ½ page motivation statement for wanting to do a PhD
- List of 3 references with contact information
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Fellowship Official Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more fellowship updates.