The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation doctoral scholarships in the humanities and social sciences are the only one of its scope and stature in the country. Each year, the Foundation awards up to fifteen scholarships to Canadian and foreign doctoral candidates pursuing research related to one of its four founding themes. Trudeau scholars are outstanding students who are interested in growing in a multidisciplinary learning environment and in addressing important questions for Canada and the world.
Sponsor: The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
- $40,000 per year for three years;
- $20,000 per year for three years, as research and travel allowance;
- Opportunity for a fourth year: writing or dissemination scholarship;
- Advice from a mentor from various spheres of Canadian public life, starting the second year of the scholarship;
- Development of leadership potential;
- Support from an outstanding community of scholars, fellows and mentors, and opportunities for interaction with 350 leaders and personalities in every sector of the humanities and social sciences;
- Involvement in lively exchange with other researchers or scholars and a keen interest in contributing to public dialogue;
- Collaboration with Trudeau mentors, fellows and scholars on interdisciplinary projects going beyond their own field of expertise;
- Sharing of innovative ideas at events organized by or in conjunction with the Foundation.
December 9, 2016
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must…
- Be a full-time first or second year student enrolled (or in the process of enrolling) in a doctoral program in the humanities and social sciences;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident enrolled full-time in a doctoral program in Canada, or Canadian citizen enrolled full-time in a doctoral program outside of Canada.
To apply for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation doctoral scholarships, you’re required to note the following:
- You’ll be assessed based on these criteria:
- Evaluation criteria
- Academic excellence
- Communication skills
- Public engagement
- Desire to contribute to public dialogue and transmit knowledge
- Desire to be involved in the community with other researchers or scholars
- Thematic relevance of the doctoral research
- To apply go here.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check scholarship Official Page
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.