Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) was first conceived to foster a vibrant and culturally diverse research community in Singapore. A joint collaboration between A*STAR, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), the SINGA welcomes all international students to pursue a PhD education in Singapore.
Under the SINGA, students will receive PhD training at their chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes or one of the three top universities in Asia – NUS, NTU or SUTD. Students will work in a multi-cultural environment, alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities. Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest- growing economies in the Asia-Pacific region. With a PhD education in Singapore, students are well-positioned to establish global links that will take their research career to greater heights.
Sponsor: Nanyang Technological University
- Support for up to 4 years of PhD studies
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after passing the Qualifying Examination
- One-time Airfare Grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time Settling-in Allowance of S$1,000
June 1, 2017
To be eligible for the Singapore International Graduate Award, you must…
- Be a graduate with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Possess good skills in written and spoken English
- Have good reports from academic referees
To apply for the 2017/2018 Singapore International Graduate Award, you’re required to note the following:
- Please note that the application deadline for August 2017 intake is 1 January 2017. Only applications with complete supporting documents submitted before or on 1 January 2017 (2359hrs GMT+8 SINGAPORE Time) will be processed.
- Please ensure that the information you provide during registration for an account in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Softcopies of the following supporting documents must be uploaded during your online application:
- You must be able to provide the following:
- Identity card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- Bachelor’s Academic Transcripts (in English translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate / Scroll (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred
- Master’s Academic Transcripts, if any (in English translation)
- Master’s Degree Certificate / Scroll, if any (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees)
- Please note that you are strongly advised to submit your application as early as possible, so as to provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports in the portal before the application deadline.
- Only applications with 2 recommendation reports submitted before the above stipulated application deadline will be processed.
- Proceed here to apply for the August 2017 intake
Note that it’s important to read application guidelines thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Official Scholarship Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up for scholarship updates.