The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo. Its entrepreneurial perspective encourages students, staff and faculty to challenge convention, lead discovery and explore new ways of learning. At UBC, bold thinking is given a place to develop into ideas that can change the world.
In recognition of the outstanding performance and contributions of students from around the world, the University is devoting more than $10 million CAD annually to awards, scholarships and other forms of financial support to encourage more international students who will love to study in Canada.
Each year, International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at University of British Colombia. Students receive their scholarships when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study.
Sponsor: The University of British Colombia
- The scholarship totals up to $40,000 CAD, payable at up to $10,000 CAD per year for four years. The exact number and level of scholarships varies each year, depending on available fund
January 15, 2017
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a new student to UBC, entering directly from secondary school
- be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- demonstrate exceptional academic achievement, intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement
- apply to UBC by January 15
To apply for the 2017/2018 University of British Colombia Scholarships, you must note that:
- you’re entering directly as a high/secondary school graduate
- even though there is no English test requirement, you’re expected to demonstrate a minimum level of English proficiency
- certain grades are required for consideration
if you’ve read and are satisfied with the above, click here to apply.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship official page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.