The Faculty of science of the University of Geneva is an internationally top-ranked scientific institution covering a broad range of scientific disciplines: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Physics. It has a strong focus on research and hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Science Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) and many European collaborative research projects. The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal entry for high-level professional and academic careers.
The Faculty of Science, in collaboration with several sponsors, has established an Excellence Fellowship Program to support outstanding and highly motivated candidates who intend to pursue a Master of Science in any of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties); it is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s programme (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
March 15, 2017
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must…
- Be a student from any university with very good performance in your studies
- Have completed your Bachelor degree or (you expect to complete it within 6 months)
To apply for The University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships, you’re required to note the following:
- The application (in English or French) consists of:
- Application Form (60 Kb,)
- A Curriculum Vitae including the transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with grades.
- A two-page essay in which the applicant describes his/her specific scientific interests, specifies the Master’s program at the Faculty of Science he/her would like to pursue, and motivates the intention to pursue a Master of Science programme at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to the e-mail address indicated below). They should specifically attest if the candidate fulfills the conditions of the Excellence Fellowship Program (see above).
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
- Applications should be sent as a UNIQUE pdf file by e-mail to the Dean of the Faculty of Science: Excellence-Master-Sciences@unige.ch
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Fellowship Official Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more fellowship updates.