As part of its aim to foster interdisciplinary collaborations and encourage a flow of international scholars to visit the University of Surrey, enjoy their stay at Surrey and leave behind excellent ideas and innovations, the Institute of Advanced Studies has established a Fellowship scheme. The scheme will enable scholars to spend time with University of Surrey academics pursuing research of mutual interest.
Sponsor: The University of Surrey
Fellows receive an allowance of up to £5000 to fund travel to and subsistence at the University (but not salary). The Fellowship scheme is supported by Santander Universities and by the University of Surrey.
October 14, 2016
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must:
- Be supported by a member of the academic staff of the University of Surrey (see ‘How to apply’ below).
- Be based and employed outside the UK in an academic institution or a government funded research institute.
- Not have spent significant periods working or visiting in the UK in the recent past.
- Have a doctorate or equivalent professional experience and an excellent and established track record in research given the stage in their career. (The scheme does not support those studying for a PhD)
To apply for the 2017/2018 University of Surrey Fellowship, you’re required to note the following:
- Applications can only be submitted by an academic member of the University of Surrey (the ‘host’). They should be submitted by email to the IAS coordinator (email@example.com) by the deadline (midnight on 14 October 2016) using the application form.
- The application form requests your details for a fellowship, the host, the work to be done during the Fellowship and the support requested. It also asks for the names and contact details of two referees. The referees must have agreed to provide a reference before the application is submitted and must able to provide a reference letter when contacted by the IAS Coordinator within 2 weeks of the submission deadline. If there is no response to the request for a reference within that period, the whole application will be void.
- A host can only submit one application in each of the annual Fellowship competition rounds.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Fellowship Official Page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more fellowship updates.