The University of Sussex is a leading higher education and research institution near Brighton, in the south of England. Sussex was the first of the new wave of UK universities founded in the 1960s, receiving its Royal Charter in 1961.
The University of Sussex welcomes applications from outstanding international applicants across the arts and humanities for 10 fully funded Chancellor’s International Research Scholarships.
Scholarships are tenable for one year in the first instance, renewable annually for a maximum of 3 years.
Sponsor: The University of Sussex
The scholarship covers international fees and provides a stipend that matches that provided for UK doctoral students by the UK Research Council. Find out more about latest stipends levels.
January 29, 2017
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Apply for a PhD in one of the following Schools at the University of Sussex:
- School of English
- School of Media, Film and Music
- School of History, Art History and Philosophy
- Must be classified as an international fee paying student and able to commence your PhD in September 2017
To apply for the 2017 University of Sussex Chancellor’s Research International Scholarship, you’re required to note the following:
- You will need to complete TWO online applications in order to be considered for a scholarship:
- You must apply online for a PhD at Sussex (the deadline for applications has yet to be confirmed).
- You must complete a separate online application for the scholarship (the deadline for applications has yet to be confirmed).
- When completing the scholarship application applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- Project Summary (no longer than 2 sides of A4 and needs to outline the overall goals and proposed timeline of the proposed research project. It must contain details of any language training and fieldwork that will be necessary to carry out the proposed research.
- Two references (at least one must be an academic reference)
- You will need to provide your University of Sussex application number when completing the scholarship application form (the application number will be provided once you have applied for a PhD).
For more information: Check Scholarship official page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.