The University of Waikato is one of New Zealand’s major research organisations, playing a key role in the economy and making a significant contribution to the international innovation system.
The University’s doctoral scholarship for the 2017 session is now open to students living in and outside New Zealand.
Sponsor: The University of Waikato
- Domestic tuition fees, for up to three years
- A living allowance of up to $22,000 per annum ((The living allowance will be paid on a pro-rata basis for approved part-time students)
- Domestic tuition fees for enrolment in the doctoral programme during the term of the Scholarship.
- A thesis preparation grant of up to $400 is available to assist with thesis printing costs provided the thesis is submitted within four years of the commencement of doctoral enrolment
October 31, 2016
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Either be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident, or an international student
- Be enrolling in a Doctor of Philosophy at the university
- Be seeking to obtain your first doctoral qualification
- Already be enrolled in a doctoral degree at the University of Waikata
- Be intending to study full-time at the University
To apply for the 2017/2018 University of Waikato Scholarships, you’re required to note the following:
1.Academic merit will be a primary criterion of selection, with a minimum grade average of A–(over the previous two years of full-time study) expected for eligibility.
2. Other factors taken into consideration include; references, prior research and work experience, and publications.
3. The Selection Panel, chaired by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Postgraduate), will comprise members of the University’s Scholarships Committee.
4. All applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of their application.
5. The Panel’s decision is final; no correspondence will be entered into following the selection
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship official page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.