Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. It is a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. It aims to support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate.
This fellowship scheme helps mid-career researchers from low- and middle-income countries establish independent research programmes in those countries. The scheme aims to support research that will improve public health and tropical medicine at a local, national and global level.
Sponsor: The Wellcome Trust
- A basic salary (determined by your host organisation
- Personal removal expenses (if you have to move to take up the post at your host organisation, you can ask for £1000. You’ll need to justify this)
- Research expenses, directly related to your proposal
- Travel costs
- Publication costs
November 28, 2016
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of a low- or middle-income country
- Have a PhD or a degree in medicine and are qualified to enter higher specialist training
- Have three to six years postdoctoral experience
- Have a strong track record in your area of research and show the potential to become a scientific leader
- Have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country
- Have a research proposal that is within the public health and tropical medicine remit
Note: You may still be considered if you don’t have a PhD or degree in medicine provided you have a first or Master’s degree and can show substantial research experience.
To apply for the 2017/2018 Wellcome Intermediate Fellowships, you’re required to note the following:
- Submit your preliminary application
Your eligibility and suitability will be assessed, and you’ll be given advice about your competitiveness and the resources you’ve requested. Then you’ll be given a decision within one month of the preliminary deadline. If suitable, you’ll be invited to submit a full application.
2. Submit your full application
It may take up to five months to consider your full application.
3. External peer review
Written comments will be sought from external expert reviewers.
The Public Health and Tropical Medicine Interview Committee will shortlist applications. If shortlisted, You’ll be notified at least four weeks before an interview.
Interviews take place at the Wellcome Trust offices in London. Travel and accommodation costs will be provided. If successful, you must take up the fellowship within one year of the award.
Note that it’s important to read guidelines on application thoroughly before you apply.
For more information: Check Scholarship official page.
This is not an official announcement; it is based on the post format of ComsoyHub. So if you republish it on your site, please link to this post.
Sign up to get more scholarship updates.